The Scandola Reserve is located on the western part of Corsica, between Calvi and Porto.
The Scandola Reserve offers a wonderful opportunity to marvel at nature:
- A natural site exceptional for its beauty, the color of the rock of volcanic origin mixed with the color of the fauna and the blue of the Mediterranean.
- The fauna of a great wealth both marine and terrestrial. The bird the osprey is a local and ultra protected species.
- The flora also has a great diversity.
Not to be missed is the village of Girolata, a village without an official road and the numerous coves for swimming in a perfectly clear and clean water.
To get to the Scandola Reserve, there are several ways to preserve a ticket for an organized boat ride from many ports such as Rousse Island, Calvi and Porto. Otherwise rent a boat if you have the permit.
In any case, as it is a nature reserve, strict rules must be observed:
- Do not harvest fauna or flora
- Not feeding animals
- Do not hike, camp and fire
- Scuba diving is not permitted
- No hunting or fishing
- Fly above the reserve within 1000 meters.
Despite these rules, we must visit the Reserve of Scandola which has fascinated us.